Sunday, October 11, 2015

Conference, Craziness and Cool Miracles

If I could use one sentence to describe what my life feels like right now, it would be that I feel like a chicken running around with my head chopped off. 

Ahhh things are just madness!! But let me just say how amazing it is to be back with Sister Johnstun!!! We are just living the dream as STL's here in Ocean view. Could life get any better? I submit that it could not. So let me just tell you a little bit of the craziness going on here. So we had Transfers, and new missionaries on Monday and Tuesday. It was a mad dash after transfer meeting to get everyone's luggage where it needed to be, and then to taxi the Sisters to the mission home for a quick dinner and then to the airport to catch their flight. Stressful.

Zone conferences started this week, and President didn't tell us what we were training on until Wednesday night, so most of Thursday was basically spent planning that training. We also had the neatest service opportunity of my whole entire life!! We got to clean the temple with our zone!!!!!! I think I was at an all-time high for how happy I was. We got to clean the chandelier in the sealing room, and boy it was like performing surgery or something. Lots of little intricate pieces that we had to climb on a ladder to reach, take out one by one, clean them with our rubber gloves, and then put them back where they go. It was intense, but super cool!! 

Saturday was CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think I get more excited for General Conference than for any other holiday, or event or anything. It's the greatest thing on this sweet green earth! I am obsessed with President Uchtdorf's talk. I can't wait to read it again and again. And how cool about the 3 new apostles!! And Papa Dall, you know two of them, so does that mean we have an in with all of them?? Hahah I'm really excited for all 3 of them :)


A member from our ward made breakfast for all the missionaries in the zone, and President and
Sister Robinson. So we all ate breakfast together, then watched conference. Then the Robinson's invited us all over to the mission home for lunch all together, and then back to the church to watch conference! It was a splendid day full of fun, food and of course a rich outpouring of the spirit. I don't know how we are so lucky up here to have such a blast all the time, and be living the missionary dream :) I feel extremely blessed. Some of my other favorite talks were Elder Schwitzer, talking about being a true disciple, Elder Lawrence, talking about asking how we can improve, Elder Durrant talking about ponderizing, and President Monson, talking about how we need to be a light and example to the world. Ah it was just all so good I could die!! Now we have to wait 6 more months.....

This coming week might prove to be the death of us. We will drive to Soldotna with President tonight, and spend all day there tomorrow for Zone Conference. Then we have trainings and meetings and exchanges all week.  So this should be fun!!! I'm super stressed about it all, because on top of that we still have to find time to be normal missionaries and keep track of our investigators and all the jazz.
I might expire. Pray for us!!!

We were able to set up a lesson with Eve for this week, which I'm excited about. I love her to death! And she's really making some progress. We were also able to meet with the Heckels, who are till doing just dandy, and progressing right along. The Lord sure is blessing us here!!!


Super cool miracle!!! Yesterday Bishop gave us the name of a girl who lives in our boundaries that's a member, but we don't have her records. He asked us to stop by and try and get her information and see if we could start working with her or her family at all. So we stopped by yesterday, and they are super nice! She and her boyfriend let us in, and talked to us for over an hour. We got into a big gospel discussion, and they were asking us tons of questions. Their names are Robert and Jaime, and they have two cute little kids. Jaime doesn't remember a whole lot from when she was baptized, I guess she never was really active. Robert is spiritual, and knows everything about the bible. They are looking for a church to go to, and said they would come to church!!! They want to try it out, and they said if they like it they want us to come over and teach them the lessons!!!!! So we're praying really hard that the like church and can feel the spirit so that we can pick Robert up as a new investigator and work with that family!!!! So that's SUPER exciting :)

That about wraps it up for this week. I love hearing from all of you, and about your insights from conference. What a HUGE blessing that we have a prophet on the earth today, and that we are able to hear exactly what God wants us to know right now. Now we just have to apply! Hope you all have the most wonderful week, and see the Lord's hand in your life daily. I love you all!!
Love, Sister Dall :)




No comments:

Post a Comment