Monday, June 22, 2015

Baptism!!

What a week!!

Thursday we got to go up to our wards girls camp for dinner and testimony meeting. First of all, the drive up there was the prettiest drive of my life! Why is Alaska so dang beautiful?! But it was great. I just love our ward and our young women so much!! They are all amazing girls. The testimony meeting was so neat, and it really made me miss girls camp!! I was so glad we got to go up though, it was super fun and a really good experience.
Then on Saturday, we had KAYLEE'S BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!! 


So I was super stressed all day, of course. You just start thinking of everything that could go wrong. But it was fantastic. We got there at 2, and started filling the font. It took about 3 hours.And then Kaylee showed up, and we got her dressed, and took pictures and everything. So was so excited!!! And then like the entire YSA ward showed up, which was so cool, cause they hardly know Kaylee, but what great support! We were so happy. So everything is hunky dory, and we're about to get started, when we decide to check the font. And it's drained about a foot!!! What?! So we run and tell Elder Pace, who runs and starts putting more water into it. I guess there's a slight leakor something. So I'm freaking out, and running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and the elders are trying to reassure me that everything will be ok. So we keep filling it for the opening song and prayer, and then turn it off for the first talk. Then it was time for the baptism, and luckily the water was high enough. And the baptism was perfect! I tell ya what, that feeling of watching someone you've been working with for so long, finally enter the waters of baptism, and make those covenants with God. And it's been really cool, since I've been working with Kaylee from the very beginning, and been able to watch her progress and change every step of the way. What an amazing road! I feel so blessed to have been one of the Lord's tools in His work, and to have been able to work with Kaylee. 

Yesterday was her confirmation which was equally amazing. She said that she felt amazing and that she couldn't explain the feelings that she had. And then, the lesson in RS was all about learning how to recognize the Holy Ghost :) How perfect! So basically I think I'm the happiest missionary on this sweet green earth, literally living the dream!!! I love being a missionary, there's no more fulfilling work. 

I think that's about all the news for this week. I miss you guys. Thanks for all you do for me, Love you!!

Love, Sister Dall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment