Sunday, October 12, 2014

Conference Miracles

Oh man, I don't even know where to start this week, because it was such a great week and so many wonderful things happened!! 

First off, we had zone conference! My first real one since I've been here. We had all of south east Alaska fly in so we had a total of 19 missionaries plus President and Sister Robison. So the 3 sisters in Sitka stayed with us for 3 days and there were 14 elders in the trailer so that was funny. But we had such a blast. We played ultimate frisbee every morning with everyone and it was so much fun! But best part... Meet the Mormons!!!!!!! Ok, most incredible movie of my whole life. I can honestly say it is my favorite movie ever. There are no words to describe it, so I'm sorry. You'll just have to see it for yourself! 

And I just loved having the Sitka sister with us. I got to be with Sister Watts again, my little sweetie mtc companion! It was a hoot and a holler.



Second, General Conference!!!! AKA the super bowl for missionaries. Oh man it was incredible! Every talk just got better and better. I feel like it was one of the most amazing conferences ever. And even better, every talk was just perfect for some investigator, or less active. Seriously, so cool. But wait, there's more. We texted Sarah to ask her if she would be watching it and she said she would check it out. She texted us yesterday and told us she loved it, and that she was staying home all day to watch the next two sessions, and that her husband was watching it too!!!!! What the.... MIRACLE!!!! David watched conference! If you had told me 3 months ago that David would be watching conference, I would have never believed it. The church must be true. So that's incredible. 

with her mission president 

Zone conference

Also, our less active Liz was in Anchorage this week, so she met up with Sister Morrison to have a lesson with her there. They took Liz to the church to watch conference! Do you know how huge that is? Massively huge. They said Liz was bawling through the whole thing. I never would have imagined that Liz would be watching conference, so basically miracles happen. I was so excited when I found out, I had a freak out moment and it was the best. 

So this week was a little crazy and out of the ordinary, which I actually liked. It's nice to sometimes get a little change in the daily schedule. But it will be good to go back to the normal life this week. I'm just so excited to see what happens with Sarah and her husband, it's going to be so good, I just know it!

I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did. Now the next step is to read and re-read all the talks, and then act on what they are telling you. I have read every talk from last conference probably 3 times and it's incredible how much more I get out of them, and how much easier it is to follow the council given. But I'm sure you already know that, you seasoned followers of Christ. I want to hear what all of your favorite talks are and why you liked them, and what you're going to change in your life because of them! 

Hey, I love you classy people, keep being super awesome. Love you sweeties!!!
Love, Sister Dall 


No comments:

Post a Comment